“When I come, isn’t what I put in the collection plate enough?”
We are reliant on the generosity of our parishioners to be able to deliver our service of worship, missionary activities, outreach work, and conserve our church. Every gift helps ensure that St Augustine’s can continue to offer moments of peace, reflection, and prayer to all who seek it for generations to come.
The church is always here providing ministry, week by week, even when you cannot be at service, and it costs the same to provide ministry in this place whether or not you are here. Because of this cost, we encourage everyone to join the Planned Giving scheme, using weekly envelopes or standing orders, whereby you help ensure a regular income source for this church.
Please email or speak to the Planned Giving Officer if you would like to:-
- Contribute using a weekly envelope
- Contribute via a standing order set up with your bank (recommended)
Here are some additional ways of giving –
- We take a collection at each Sunday service. Please use the supplied gift aid envelopes if you are a taxpayer.
- If you would like to make a one-off donation by cheque, please make it payable to The PCC of St. Augustine, Wembley Park, or we can provide the Church account details.
- You may also consider donating to St. Augustine’s in your Will. Please ask your solicitor when you make or change your Will or ask us for more information.
For a tax-efficient way of giving – If you pay UK tax (Income or Capital Gains Tax) and would like us to be able to claim back the basic rate tax, you will need to fill in, sign and return us an ongoing gift aid declaration if you have not done so already.
The benefit to St Augustine’s is that it can recover the basic rate of income tax, currently 20p for each pound given. (If you pay a higher rate tax, you may recover this through your tax return.)
If you want to discuss any areas mentioned above, contact our Treasurer at firstname.lastname@example.org or call and leave a message on 020 8908 1383